At The Haunted Trail operational safety has always been our number on priority and continues to be so.
We care deeply about our family of employees, customers and greater community during this COVID19 pandemic. We recognize that customers and staff put trust in us to provide a memorable and fun experience, also, they trust us to take many measures to ensure their absolute safety. This commitment has not changed, and the following are steps we plan to take to ensure additional cleanliness and safety measures. While this will change some experience expectations, we aim to continue to provide a result of fun and fright, that customers and staff have come to expect from one of the best family friendly haunt experiences, while still complying with government guidelines. We continue to closely monitor government policy changes, CDC guidelines, and public health advancements, and will continue to make changes appropriate to our protocols and procedures.
Pre-existing Safety Procedures:
We have always had some built in safety procedures in our family friendly haunt by catering to the kiddos. It turns out some of them are very beneficial when it comes to protecting against Covid-19. This allows you to enjoy safely without noticing major changes. These include:
- Being an outdoor event
- Having a no touch policy
- Having barriers between the scene and the guests (we can easily ensure 6+ft of separation)
- The use of alcohol-based no touch make up (air brush makeup)
Increased Safety Procedures:
- Masks will be required for entry for ages 4 and up
- Family groups will wait together and enter the trail together. Group size must be 6 or less
- The line will consist 10ftx10ft waiting areas. Each area will be separated by 6ft
- We split our original trail into 2 trails. This allows us to give you more space while waiting in lines and more space between scenes.
- Increased spacing between scenes – longer experience!
- Groups entering the Trail will be given extra time to ensure spacing is maintained while in the Trail
- Addition of Flow Staff, who are watching for non-household distancing requirements, both inside and outside the attraction
- PPE required for staff
- Hand sanitation stations throughout the attraction
- Emphasis on contactless payment methods
- Online sales prioritized
- QR codes will be available in line to purchase tickets online
- Registration tables will be equipped with plexiglass barriers
- Temperature checked, symptom and travel questions for all employees entering on operating nights. All will be logged.
- NEW This Year: All participants must sign a waiver before entering the Trail
This list is ever evolving. We stay up-to-date with CDC guidelines, our local government guidelines, and our Halloween industry leaders.
We are following the guidance of the NC Health Department Guidelines For Fall Events.