At The Haunted Trail operational safety has always been our number on priority and continues to be so.
We care deeply about our family of employees, customers and greater community during this COVID19 pandemic. We recognize that customers and staff pt trust in us to provide a memorable and fun experience, however, they trust us that we’ve taken many measures to ensure their absolute safety. This commitment has not changed, and the following pages are steps we plan to take to ensure additional cleanliness and safety measures. While this will change some experience expectations, we aim to continue to provide a result of fun and fright, that customers and staff have come to expect from one of the best family friendly haunt experiences, while still complying with government guidelines. We continue to closely monitor government policy changes, CDC guidelines, coverment mandates, and public health advancements, and will continue to make changes appropriate to our protocols and procedures.
Pre-existing Safety Procedures:
We have always had some built in safety procedures in our family friendly haunt by catering to the kiddos. It turns out some of them are very beneficial when it comes to protecting against Covid19. This allows you to enjoy safely without noticing major changes. These include:
- Being an outdoor event
- Having a no touch policy
- Having barriers between the scene and the guests (we can easily ensure 6+ft of separation)
- The use of alcohol-based no touch make up (air brush makeup)
Increased Safety Procedures:
- Midway activities = TBD
- Concessions = TBD
- Increased spacing between scenes – longer walk
- Addition of Flow Staff, who are watching for non-household distancing requirements, both inside and outside the attraction
- Free gloves will be provided and strongly suggested to all customers
- PPE required for staff
- Signage throughout the attraction, “Do Not Touch” reminders
- Hand sanitation stations throughout the attraction
- Significant distancing measures available due to our size and space
- 8-16ft spacing between non-household groups in queue lines
- Timed sign ups for queue lines
- Additional spacing between groups once in motion inside the attraction
- Emphasis on contactless payment methods
- Online sales prioritized
- Special cash payment area
- Temperature checked, symptom and travel questions for all employees entering on operating nights. All will be logged.
- Updated waiver language to clearly communicate expectations and possible ejection if not followed
- All actors will be given a small bottle of hand sanitizer to apply as often as needed.
This list is ever evolving. We stay up-to-date with CDC guidelines, our local government guidelines, and our Halloween industry leaders.